May 25, 2010

We Got Our First CHECK!

We got our very first support check!!! (big huge smile :D)

Big A has been running out to the mailbox ten times a day for the past week checking to see if the thing he ordered online has arrived, so he opened up a package he thought was for him. I realized it wasn't indeed for him when I heard him from upstairs moaning loud oh-no's over and over again.

So I came down and found he had opened a package addressed to me. It was two really good books and a check! I was stunned when I saw how much it was for! We knew the check was coming, but I was literally thinking it would be a tenth of the amount. God is so good to encourage us this way. After the initial joy and amazement of seeing God work and provide, my next thought was, "Uh-oh, I guess this means we have to actually go now!" (or send the money back lol!).

Speaking of missions, my bolivian missionary friend (the one who asked a bit ago when we were coming down to Bolivia) just posted these pics today.


aren't they ADORABLE??


she also recently showed the Jesus Film to a group of 120 people,
72 of which indicated afterwards that they had accepted Christ


(I can't wait for us to be able to do these kinds of things, too! Ahhh... *happy sigh*)

If you would like to go down and help her out, just let me know, I can put you in touch. :)


"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through and steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." -Mt.6:19-21

:)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails