May 21, 2010

Spiritual Warfare and The Week from Hell

It has been the week from hell. I had forgotten how intense spiritual warfare can be. It just keeps coming, and coming, and coming.

That's when we need to go the the Manual. And Facebook (lol! just kidding). But it's funny how God finds those ways to encourage a weary soul with some good preachin'!

Saw this on FB today:




"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" - Eph. 6:12

If we press in, wanting more of God, we need to remember this. I've been reminded this week that I have an enemy who hates me, hates my prayers, hates the plan of God, who came to steal, kill, and destroy. He never tires making war, is subtle, astute, and pulls puches I never expect. But, as a friend reminded me this week, the battle is won. Jesus has won. Jesus always wins.

"For though we walk after the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)
Casting down all imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" - 2 Cor. 10:3-5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails