May 6, 2010

Fasting Elixir

Day 4 of fast... it's getting HARD.  I'm really hungry lol!

Here is a fasting elixir that helps me to keep going when my blood sugar drops:

1 gallon water
1 1/2 C lemon juice
3/4 C honey
1/4 t cayenne pepper

Mix and refrigerate. Serve cold or hot.

The lemon juice is a good electrolyte and source of vitamin C, the honey gives me some energy and a much needed boost when I start to feel light-headed, and the cayenne gets the blood flowing and is a good detoxer (if I remember correctly).

I just make a cup at a time. So the recipe is for all of you that get your underwear in a bunch if someone tells you to "just eyeball" it lol!

I just heat some water, squirt some honey and lemon in a cup (equal parts each-ish), add a dash of cayenne, and pour some hot water over it.  



Mmmmm....

:)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails