February 28, 2011

Tony's Testimony

In filling out all 33 pages (each!) of our applications with OM, we had to write our testimony in 250 words or less.

Here is Tony's asnwer to the question, "When did you become a Christian and how did your relationship with Jesus begin?" (dictated in Spanish and translated by me):


"I became a Christian 7 years ago. My relationship with Jesus began with the book of John. At a difficult moment in my life, I felt that I was empty inside, that I wasn't happy, that I didn't have anything. My wife had been praying a lot for me, as well as many people from church had been praying for me. That is when I felt like I needed spiritual help, and a friend of mine from my church, Jerry, told me to read the book of John. That is when I met Jesus, while reading John. That is why...I mentioned John [John 3:36, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.]- because I realized that if I didn't have Jesus in my life I was heading to hell. I didn't want that for my life nor for my family. This has been the most beautiful experience of my life because, through Him, I was born again and because of Him I have my family, I have everything. He is everything."


You can read Chris's testimony here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails