December 17, 2010

U2's Bono and his challenging message to the Church

I had heard that Bono from U2 was a Christian. This is the first clip I've seen where he talks about his faith (there are probably others, I just don't watch much TV). Wow, I think he really may be the real deal.

Watch this challenging video, posted yesterday on FB by some missionaries we know, who are on the frontlines doing this very thing. You may not agree with everything he says, you may even find it offensive - but I know I can't deny he's got some very Biblically valid points that challenge me. I just hope we (Tony and I) can be more than challenged by messages the rest of our lives and actually DO something about it all someday... soon.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I definitely resonate with the "Thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven" part. We pray this prayer and we have no idea what we are saying or what we are permitted to even ask. It's incredible really. I heard a message on this very subject a few months ago and it really struck me. So often we live in this defeatist mentality like we are just waiting for the rapture and expecting the world to get worse and worse but that certainly isn't how we were taught to pray. Good for Bono!

Related Posts with Thumbnails